Can you believe we are almost finished with the challenge? The last 9 weeks have gone by so fast. If you are here today, that means you haven’t given up. You are determined to get your home organized. Congratulations! It’s now week 10 of the challenge and we are Read More
Can you believe we are almost finished with the challenge? The last 9 weeks have gone by so fast. If you are here today, that means you haven’t given up. You are determined to get your home organized. Congratulations! It’s now week 10 of the challenge and we are moving into the bathroom. This week, spend some time purging your drawers, cabinets, counter tops, and bathroom closets. Clear the clutter! Let’s get busy.
Take a tour of our old bathroom and see all of the organized spaces!
If you’re new to the challenge, print out the schedule and checklists below and begin on the current week. For encouragement, join our Home Organization Facebook community to share your progress, or struggles, or questions. Or simply look through the photos and read how others are doing.
Free Challenge Kit
THE ORGANIZING PROCESS
PREPARE: Gather 4 laundry baskets, one for each of the following:
- Other Room
- Donate (toiletries that you no longer want/use)
- Sort through everything in the drawers, closets, cabinets and countertops. Don’t forget to purge empty bottles in the shower. Place everything in 1 of the 4 baskets listed above. Recycle empty bottles, toss the trash, and donate any toiletries that you no longer use (to family or friends). Also remove anything that doesn’t belong in the bathroom.
- Clean the windows & blinds
- Wipe down doors, baseboards, doorknobs and switch plates
- Wipe down counters & cabinet doors
- Sweep/mop floors
- Dust lighting
- Wash rugs & shower curtain
- Clean shower, bathtub & toilet
- Clean out trash can
- Clean out medicine cabinet
- Wash mirrors
ORGANIZE: It’s time to go through everything in the “keep” box. Put the other items where they belong. When organizing things in the keep box, remove one item at a time, categorizing it. Below are some examples of what to organize together in the bathroom. You can use a different shelf, basket, cabinet or drawer for each category. Keep similar items together.
- Hair Care (Hairspray, gel, detangler, etc)
- Body Care
- Dental Care
- Extra toiletries
- Skin care (face wash, cream, etc)
- Hair accessories (brushes, curling iron, hair dryer, hair ties, etc)
- Feminine Products
I use acrylic bins to organize all of our bathroom drawers. You can find them here.
If you don’t have cabinet space, you can use a hotel style towel rack! I found this one at Pottery Barn.
Below are some photos of our old bathroom organization. Get the details about the products I used here.
Here are few blog posts that will inspire you to get your bathrooms organized.
- Bathroom Organization 2018
- Bathroom organization
- Bathroom Closet Organization
- Daily Cleaning the Bathroom
For the perfect companion guide to our challenge, purchase The Complete Book to Home Organization. It includes all 14 weekly challenges as well as a ton of inspiration and tips about the spaces we will be organizing. It is your go-to guide for everything! No need to log onto the computer for ideas, this manual has it all!
If you need more guidance on cleaning your house, be sure to order The Complete Book of Clean. It has tons of tips and checklists that will teach you how to get your homes sparkling clean.
Declutter and organize your bathrooms this week. Purge all of the things that you don’t need or use anymore. Share your progress on Instagram using the hash tag #abfolchallenge, blog about the weekly challenges, and share your before and after pictures over at my Home Organization group here. Hold yourself accountable and finish all 14 challenges! I can’t wait to see what you accomplish. Good luck. I’ll see you back next week for the week 11 challenge. Happy Organizing!