Welcome back to the 2018 Home Organization challenge. You have done an amazing job on the challenge so far. It’s all downhill from here. We are entering week 10, the bathroom(s). This week shouldn’t be too difficult to conquer. It’s all about clearing the clutter from the cabinets and Read More
Welcome back to the 2018 Home Organization challenge. You have done an amazing job on the challenge so far. It’s all downhill from here. We are entering week 10, the bathroom(s). This week shouldn’t be too difficult to conquer. It’s all about clearing the clutter from the cabinets and closets and regaining the space you desperately need. Spend a few hours in your bathrooms and get them sparkling clean and in order! Be sure to watch my bathroom tour below, before you begin.
My bathroom tour.
If you’re new to the challenge, print out the schedule and checklists below and begin on the current week. For encouragement, join our Home Organization Facebook community to share your progress, or struggles, or questions. Or simply look through the photos and read how others are doing.
Free Challenge Kit
For the perfect companion guide to our challenge, purchase The Complete Book to Home Organization. It includes all 14 weekly challenges as well as a ton of inspiration and tips about the spaces we will be organizing. No need to log onto the computer for ideas, this manual has it all!
If you need more guidance on cleaning your house, be sure to order The Complete Book of Clean. It has tons of tips and checklists that will teach you how to get your homes sparkling clean.
THE ORGANIZING PROCESS
- Other Room
- Donate (toiletries that you no longer want/use)
- Sort through everything in the drawers, closets, cabinets and countertops. Don’t forget to purge empty bottles in the shower. Place everything in 1 of the 4 baskets listed above. Recycle empty bottles, toss the trash, and donate any toiletries that you no longer use (to family or friends). Also remove anything that doesn’t belong in the bathroom.
- Clean the windows & blinds
- Wipe down doors, baseboards, doorknobs and switch plates
- Wipe down counters & cabinet doors
- Sweep/mop floors
- Dust lighting
- Wash rugs & shower curtain
- Clean shower, bathtub & toilet
- Clean out trash can
- Clean out medicine cabinet
- Wash mirrors
ORGANIZE: It’s time to go through everything in the “keep” box. Put the other items where they belong. When organizing things in the keep box, remove one item at a time, categorizing it. Below are some examples of what to organize together in the bathroom. You can use a different shelf, basket, cabinet or drawer for each category. Keep similar items together.
- Hair Care (Hairspray, gel, detangler, etc)
- Body Care
- Dental Care
- Extra toiletries
- Skin care (face wash, cream, etc)
- Hair accessories (brushes, curling iron, hair dryer, hair ties, etc)
- Feminine Products
Here are few blog posts that will inspire you to get your bathrooms organized.
- Bathroom Organization 2018
- Bathroom organization
- Bathroom Closet Organization
- Daily Cleaning the Bathroom
Concentrate on your bathrooms this week. Pamper them and give them some attention. Purge all of the things that don’t belong. Follow the step by step process I’ve laid out for you. Share your progress on Instagram using the hash tag #abfolchallenge, blog about the weekly challenges, and share your before and after pictures over at my Home Organization group here. Hold yourself accountable and finish all 14 challenges! I can’t wait to see what you accomplish. Good luck. I’ll see you back next week for the week 11 challenge. Happy Organizing!